- Terms & Conditions of Service
- § 1 validity, definitions of terms
- § 2 Conclusion of the contracts, storage of the contract text
- § 3 Subject of the contract and essential characteristics of the products,
- § 4 prices, shipping and delivery
- § 5 Right of Retention
- § 6 Right of Withdrawal
- § 7 Liability
- § 8 Contract language
- § 9 Warranty/Customer Service
- § 10 Final Provisions
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in accordance with Art. 14 (1) ODR-VO and § 36 VSBG:
Terms & Conditions of Service
§ 1 validity, definitions of terms
(1) Iudica Legacy GmbH represented by Axel Hellinger, Kölnerstrasse 11, 56626 Andernach, Germany (hereinafter: “we” or “Iudica.me”) also operating an online portal at https://iudica.me digital goods and services. The following terms and conditions apply to all services between us and our customers (hereinafter: “customer” or “you”) in their version valid at the time of the order, unless otherwise expressly agreed.
(2) “Consumer” for the purposes of these terms and conditions, is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that can be predominantly to neither their commercial nor their independent professional activity. “Entrepreneur” means a natural or legal person or partnership able to conduct a legal transaction in pursuit of its commercial or independent professional activity, whereby a legal partnership is a partnership with the capacity to acquire rights and liabilities.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contracts, storage of the contract text
(1) The following provisions regarding the conclusion of the contract apply to orders via our online shop at https://iudica.me.
(2) Our product presentations on the Internet are not binding and do not constitute a binding offer to conclude a contract.
((3) The following rules apply to the receipt of an order in our online shop: The customer makes a binding contract offer by successfully passing through the order procedure provided for in our online shop. The order is made in the following steps:
- Selection of digital goods, service (s) chosen,
- Adding the products by clicking on the corresponding button (for example, “Add to cart”, “To shopping bag” or similar),
- Checking the details in the shopping cart,
- Calling up the order overview by clicking on the corresponding button (eg “Continue to checkout”, “Continue to pay”, “To order overview” or similar),
- Input/verification of address and contact details, choice of payment method, confirmation of terms, and conditions and cancellation policy.
- Completion of the order by pressing the “buy now” button. This represents your binding order.
- The contract is concluded by sending us an order confirmation to the specified e-mail address within three working days.
(4) In the case of a contract having to be drawn up, the contract is concluded with Iudica Legacy GmbH represented by Axel Hellinger, Kölnerstrasse 11, 56626 Andernach, Germany.
5) Before ordering, the contract data can be printed or electronically saved via the browser’s print function. The processing of the order and transmission of all information required for the conclusion of the contract, in particular the order data, the GTC and the cancellation policy, takes place partly automated via e-mail after you had placed the order, . We do not save the contract after conclusion of the contract.
(6) Input errors can be corrected by means of the usual keyboard, mouse and browser functions (for example »back button« of the browser). You can also correct this by canceling the order process early, closing the browser window and repeating the process.
(7) The processing of the order and the transmission of all information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract is partly automated by e-mail. You therefore have to ensure that the e-mail address you provide us with is correct, that the receipt of the e-mails is technically ensured and, in particular, that no SPAM filters prevent this.
§ 3 Subject of the contract and essential characteristics of the products,
(1) The subject of our online shop is:
- The sale of digital goods, e.g. Software or media downloads. The concrete offered digital goods can be found on our article pages.
- The provision of services. The concrete services offered can be found on our article pages.
2) The essential features of digital goods and services can be found in the item description.
(3) The sale of digital products shall be subject to the restrictions specified in the product description or otherwise resulting from the circumstances, in particular to hardware and/or software requirements for the target environment. Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the subject of the contract is only the private and commercial use the products without the right to resale or sublicense.
§ 4 prices, shipping and delivery
(1) The prices quoted in the respective offers as well as the shipping costs are total prices and include all price components including all applicable taxes
(2) The respective purchase price must be paid before the delivery of the product (advance payment), unless we explicitly offer the purchase on account. The payment methods available to you are shown under a correspondingly designated button in the online shop or in the respective offer. Unless otherwise stated in the individual payment methods, the payment entitlements are due for immediate payment.
(3) In addition to the prices quoted, shipping costs may apply for the delivery of products, unless the respective article is shown as free of charge. The shipping costs are clearly communicated to you on the offers, if applicable, in the shopping cart system and on the order summary.
(4) All products offered are ready to ship, unless clearly stated otherwise in the product description (delivery time: [Please insert value for default_delivery_time_text] after receipt of payment).
(5) We ship worldwide.
§ 5 Right of Retention
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if it concerns claims from the same contractual relationship.
§ 6 Right of Withdrawal
As a consumer, you have a right of withdrawal. This is based on our cancellation policy.
§ 7 Liability
(1) subject to the following exceptions, our liability for breach of contractual duty or tort to intent or gross negligence is limited.
(2) We are liable for slight negligence in the event of injury to life, limb, health or breach of a contractual obligation without limitation. If we are in default due to slight negligence, if the performance has become impossible or if we have violated an essential contractual obligation, the liability for damage to property and pecuniary loss attributable thereto is limited to the contractually foreseeable damage. An essential contractual obligation is one whose fulfillment enables the proper execution of the contract in the first place, the breach of which jeopardizes the achievement of the purpose of the contract and on the compliance with which you may regularly rely. In particular, this includes our obligation to act and the fulfillment of the contractually owed performance, which is described in § 3.
§ 8 Contract language
German shall exclusively be used as the contract language.
§ 9 Warranty/Customer Service
(1) The warranty is governed by the statutory provisions.
(2) The warranty period for delivered goods is 12 months for entrepreneurs.
(3) As a consumer, you are requested to check the item/digital goods or the service rendered immediately upon fulfillment of the contract for completeness, obvious defects and damage in transit and to notify us and the freight forwarder of complaints as soon as possible. If you do not comply with this, this of course has no effect on your statutory warranty claims.
4) Our customer service for questions, complaints and complaints is available Mo.-Fr., 8 am to 8 pm, by e-mail: email@example.com.
§ 10 Final Provisions
(1) German law applies. For consumers, this choice of law applies only to the extent that this does not remove the protection afforded by mandatory provisions of the law of the state of the consumer’s habitual residence (favorable principle).
(2) The provisions of the UN Sales Convention explicitly shall NOT apply.
3) If th(e customer is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law, the place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from contractual relationships between the customer and the provider shall be the domicile of the provider.
Alternative Dispute Resolution in accordance with Art. 14 (1) ODR-VO and § 36 VSBG:
Die Europäische Kommission stellt eine Plattform zur Online-Streitbeilegung (OS) bereit, die du unter https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr findest. Wir sind bereit, an einem außergerichtlichen Schlichtungsverfahren teilzunehmen.